Monday, 4 July 2016

Overdue

41 weeks + 2 days today. Come on baby, what are you waiting for? It's looking increasingly likely that my hippie home birth will not be possible and instead I'll be hooked up to oxytocin in hospital. I am so scared of the intensity of induced contractions! Will I be able to do it without an epidural like last time? I didn't realise how lucky I was that Paloma came on her due date...

I have another midwife appointment this morning for my 4th stretch and sweep and an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow to check if everything is still okay. I've been 2cm and 50% effaced for weeks. I've tried EVERYTHING to get things moving but not even one contraction. The whole house came down with the flu when I was 40 weeks. I was scared to go into labour so dehydrated so I popped into hospital one morning for an iv just in case. We're all better now,  just waiting for baby.

Paloma finished daycare in July. It never even crossed my mind that baby might not be here when she finished. Now we have to figure out what to do with her if I go into labour during the day as my sister in law doesn't think she can leave work. Andino is going to talk to daycare about taking her for 1 day if need be. Fingers crossed.

I've been googling like crazy trying to find out why labour hasn't started and if there's anything I can do, but no new information can be found. Please send labour vibes my way and/or positive stories.

10 comments:

  1. I know you have your heart set on a home birth, so here's hoping that things start moving very soon. But remember that if they don't and you do need to induce, it's not any less of a birth experience. And the end result of having all of you healthy is the most important thing.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on baby! So much for second ones coming sooner. Wishing you a safe and joyous birth however it happens. I was more than a week overdue with AJ too. One compensation was seeing the look on people's faces when they asked "when are you due" and I'd say "last week" lol. One woman actually thanked me for not going into labour in her store, as if I would just drop trou and have the baby right there. Sending good wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried castor oil? I did that with my daughter after she was 6 days overdue. 24 hours later, she came. I was so glad I was able to avoid the hospital and do a home birth! I am now 37 weeks with my next baby and wondering if castor oil will be needed again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried castor oil? I did that with my daughter after she was 6 days overdue. 24 hours later, she came. I was so glad I was able to avoid the hospital and do a home birth! I am now 37 weeks with my next baby and wondering if castor oil will be needed again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the wrong one to ask about getting a baby out the old fashioned way! But sending you all the labour-y vibes I can muster. Come on kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo come on baby!!! Hoping things get moving soon! Maybe the fireworks will scare baby out? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was 41+ 4 with my little boy (3rd baby). Desperate desperate desperate!!! In the end I went into labour on my own after a glass of wine, dinner with friends and sticking my hot feet in a cold wading pool (he just turned 1). Also it was the perfect timing for childcare for my older kids so maybe sorting that out will help you relax that last bit! My labour was quite fast once it finally started. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do it. Sending lots of birthy vibes your way so baby will get the message to come out. I did no epidural with pitocin and you definitely can too. No home birth for us as we planned but a go with the flow attitude got us through it and we had an awesome hospital birth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Erin! I hope your baby gets the message that it's time to come out now!! Praying that you get the home birth you want, but that you find peace with whatever way it has to happen to keep you both safe. If you feel up to it, please update after your ultrasound and let us know. Although hoping you don't make it that far and that the stretch and sweep yesterday has already worked!! Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have any home remedies for getting a baby to come out and if I did I would be steering clear of them! :-) Fingers crossed that you can have your home birth but remember that in the end, it really doesn't matter how the baby gets out as long as you both are healthy and safe! You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs